Safety Patrol-School Safety Patrols
Safety Patrol-School Safety Patrols play an important role in helping 4th and 5th grade students to fulfill responsibilities regarding student safety and student mentorship.
Students perform daily duties such as:
- Assisting younger students on and off the bus.
- Ensuring safety during recess.
- Running the PBIS school store.
- Mentoring students who receive disciplinarily infractions.
- Setting up for events and assisting faculty and staff with simple daily operations.
Safety Patrol gives students a sense of value and students gain experience and agency. The program helps to develop students’ confidence and purpose by fulfilling the roles and responsibilities that are bestowed upon them.